The Teacher’s Edition of What’s That Word? A Fun Way to Build Vocabulary includes fun vocabulary strategies and teaching tips. It also gives the answers to all of the exercises and quizzes contained in the 36 lessons found in the Student Workbook.
But students aren’t the only ones allowed to have fun. Adults will enjoy the visual puns and witty lesson titles, too. Throughout the Teacher’s Edition, there are boxed sections that are marked off by yak “tracks” which offer chatty tidbits for having even more fun with the exercises and assessments. It’s a boredom-buster that will have you laughing along with your students!
In addition to the 36 classroom-tested vocabulary lessons found in the Student Workbook, the Teacher’s Edition provides:
- Suggestions for time-saving ways to assess students’ progress
- Teaching tips designed to cut down on the amount of paperwork you have to grade
- An explanation of the method used to select the words
- A method for improving vocabulary that’s based in brain research
- Options for group work, in-class assignments, and enrichment activities
- Strategies for differentiated instruction
- Bonus activities for maximizing retention
Bonus features: There are four writing activities in the workbook that are designed to help students easily make the shift from first-person to third-person point-of-view, which is essential for academic writing. Spread over the course of the workbook, the additional writing activities are not tied to the vocabulary lessons, and are completely optional. There’s also an extra crossword puzzle, thrown in “Pro Bono” just for fun!